Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Man Dies for 43 Minutes and Comes to Back to Life





On May 14th 2012, I died for 43 minutes after having a heart attack on my wife's 43rd birthday only to come back and get screwed in a court of law. In summary, before my heart attack, I went to a cardiologist a few times and was told nothing wrong with my heart. Three months later, I had an episode unlike any other episode I have had before,but after 20 minutes it went away. I went back to the cardiologist early the next morning and was assured yet again that it was not my heart. The doctor thought it was something I had ate. Two and a half weeks later I found out that it was my heart by having a massive heart attack. I was clinically dead for an astounding 43 minutes.I was given up for dead at 30 minutes when the ER doctor told my wife and children there was nothing else they can do for me. My wife knowing I wouldn't leave her, pleaded for ten more minutes of CPR. After 8 minutes, my heart restarted. I was in a coma for 17 days fighting for my life while all my organs were shutting down.  I was in the hospital for approximately a month. I am amazed at the almost full recovery I have made since then. After 3 years, I finally got my day in court against the cardiologist who i feel killed me. While I was testifying, the doctor left the courtroom!!! I waited three years to look this doctor in the eye and let him know, I know that he made a mistake in not doing anything on the last emergent visit except to reassure me that it wasn't my heart. He even laughed it off, literally. The man walked out of the courtroom while I was speaking. I didn't even get that satisfaction of telling him what I had went through after his mistake of sending me away with wrong medical advise.  After my family having to bravely testify on my behalf and my expert witnesses also testifying that this doctor was negligent with my health care ,6 jurors felt it was us the victims that were negligent for trusting this so called doctor and not taking me sooner to the hospital. They thought it was just a coincidence of the chest pain he had prior to the heart attack on May 14th, 2012. We also found out during the trail that he had privileges for Stony Brook hospital and never came to visit me. Though he didn't visit, he did look at my chart to look at the surgery that was done when the stents were put in because I had 1 clogged artery at 90 % and another at 100 %, so much for not having any heart issues. Sounds pretty guilty to me. Please tell me what you think. My heart is broken yet again because again I was screwed over. This time by 6 jurors! This is just a very brief summary, you wouldn't believe the whole story. I want to get this story out before this happens to anyone else. Would you send one of your family members to a doctor who assures you of something that he isn't 100% about? A doctor who laughs at you when you believe there could be seriously something wrong with you? A doctor that not only doesn't visit his patient in the hospital where he works but walks out while you are saying the hardships and pain you went through and continue to go through because of his mistake?

5 comments:

  1. I feel very sorry for the ordeal you went through all because of your "cardiologist" who obviously graduated at the bottom of his class, or more likely at the bottom of all the classes. As for the 6 jurors who found for the so-called doctor, I can only guess those people were intellectually challenged as well! I can only say to you now - if this is the end of the line legally and you've exhausted any other avenues to bring this doctor to justice, you will have to let it go and get on with your life. Its already been too long, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for what you went through. Life isn't always fair especially with our legal system. Don't let this keep you from moving forward. You have a wonderful wife and children and thankfully your life back. Go forward with joy. Keep your eyes on God. He is the only one you can trust. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did things work out. Ps: I love your family and how you stand so strong behind each other

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dr was incompetent and negligent. I am shocked he did not perform any tests to see what was going on. I am glad you made it and sorry about the unfortunate verdict.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is for everyone, not only the author. Always get a second opinion when your intuition is telling you something is seriously wrong with your health. Doctors are FAR from perfect.

    ReplyDelete